Friday, April 28, 2006

Baby Shower

On Wednesday night some lovely friends got together for my baby shower. This was a combination of food, drink (one bottle of wine was called 'Cat's Pee on a Gooseberry Bush" - I only had a sip but it tasted nice!), silly games and praying for the new baby. One of the games was to guess how large my tummy is. Everybody cut off a length of string that they thought would fit around my bump - look how way out some guesses were! This one was at least two feet out! Everybody made me bigger than I am!

I also received lots of lovely gifts, inlcuding this 'nappy pavlova'! Kiwis are big on pavlova (apparantly they invented them, though I did hear a rumour it was the Aussies...) and the baby boutique on the high street, Wee Kiwi, has gift parcels made up in pavlova packaging. This one included the equally traditional All Black rugby playing kiwi and a book with the infamous Buzzy Bee!

1 comment:

nigel and sue said...

not long now!...
our love and prayers for the next few weeks...xx

Sue