Friday, March 07, 2008

Catch Up

There has been little blog activity over the last two months because I thought there hasn't really been a lot to tell. However, in searching ou a couple of photos I've found quite a few so this post will probably turn into two!

English winters are definitely warmer in Bristol than in Sheffield but that hasn't stopped either Mags or I making the executive decision to put the heating on all day on a regular basis. The park is still a favourite in most weathers, apart from on one occasion when Matthew's only word the whole time was 'chilly'. I thought this was understandable when he came off the the slide with his fingers covered in frost!
Still, spring seemed to arrive very early and the flowers and sunshine encouraged me to get my camera out and try and be arty. Matthew's become more of a chatterbox and it's great for him to be able to make himself understood - less frustration and tantrums! He's a bit more into sticking and colouring but balls are stil the absolute favourite (unless, of course, he could be watching In the Night Garden and then there's no contest!). Matthew went to one of his first birthday parties too and they decorated gingerbread men - what I think was most impressive was that they survived long enough to actually be decorated before they were eaten! I've done a couple of days supply teaching which I've enjoyed; though I'd had enough of the features of instructional texts after I'd taught the same lesson to four different classes on one day!

Neil is now the manager of the Year 7 boys football team; he's very proud at the moment as they've won all their matches. However the lads have dubbed him 'Coach Carter' - basically if their behaviour in class isn't good enough they don't get to play. So who knows if there will be a team to actually turn out and play the next match...watch this space.

No comments: